Cosmetic dentistry is the dental specialty surrounding procedures that revolve around changing teeth to improve the appearance of a smile. At Durham Dental Center, we utilize multiple cosmetic dental procedures to give your smile a complete makeover. A “smile makeover” involves one or more cosmetic dentistry procedures. A treatment plan is developed in collaboration with you and our dental professionals. The information provided below will assist you in learning more about the numerous types of cosmetic dentistry procedures offered here in Plainfield, New Jersey.
- Professional Teeth Whitening: The most common cosmetic treatment performed in our office is professional teeth whitening. Due to aging or what we consume, our teeth can become discolored and stained. Having a whiter smile using our professional whitening system will significantly improve your smile’s appearance and your self-esteem.
Professional whitening includes a safe and effective high-end dental bleaching agent consisting of high hydrogen peroxide levels. Bleaching gel is placed on teeth and activated with an LED light to start the whitening process. In only one single-hour appointment, you will leave our office with a smile multiple shades brighter.
- Cosmetic Bonding: Although our teeth are strong, it is not unheard of for small areas of our teeth to crack or even chip. We want to introduce you to a quick, easy cosmetic fix called bonding to restore your smile. The crack or chipped portion is filled and replaced with a tooth-colored composite resin material and then hardened with a curing light. Our dental professional will then shape down the bonding making it blend in naturally with your tooth.
- Porcelain Veneers: For patients who desire to change their smile with only one dental procedure completely, porcelain veneers might be for you. Using thin, custom-made sheets of porcelain, we can change and correct many characteristics of each tooth in your smile. Veneers are bonded to the outer surface of your teeth, coming together to change the overall appearance. Veneers can change crooked teeth, broken teeth, chipped teeth, discolored and stained teeth, and can lengthen teeth.
- Invisalign: As an orthodontic treatment, Invisalign allows us to help correct mild to moderate misalignment of our patient’s teeth. Having a crooked smile or a misaligned bite can significantly affect the appearance and function of your smile. Invisalign is a clear way to obtain a straight smile. Using clear custom aligners, Invisalign slowly but surely moves teeth into the desired and planned-out position.
- Dental Crowns: A dental crown, also known as a cap, covers and restores the shape, size, strength, and look of a decaying or damaged tooth above the gum line. Crowns are used to prevent a weak tooth from fracturing, to hold a cracked tooth together, and conceal deformed or badly discolored teeth cosmetically.
- Bridges: Dental bridges are another form of tooth replacement that consists of at least two dental crowns and complete artificial teeth working together to replace teeth. Having one or more missing teeth in a row can affect your speech and chewing ability. Bridges can help restore them all at once.
Enhance Your Smile
We encourage you to take advantage of as many cosmetic procedures that we offer at Durham Dental Center so you can love your smile. Having a beautiful smile will give you overall confidence to go through your daily tasks. If you have any questions regarding our cosmetic procedures or would like to talk to one of our team members about which one might be best for you, give us a call. We are located in Plainfield, New Jersey, and are pleased to serve any residents here and nearby.